Mold Remediation Reports from Bainbridge Island
Project Type > Mold Inspection and Remediation Bid Report
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- Client has had visible mold growth forming along the top of the walls in the master bathroom. Client requested an inspection to determine why the mold growth is there and to provide a cost for remediation.
- This single family residential property was built in 2006 and is 3,416 ft².
CAUSE OF MOLD:
- Flat finish paint and minimal insulation in the attic over the master bathroom has led to excessive condensation to form along the tops of the walls.
- Inefficient ventilation fan cannot remove humid air before condensation occurs on the ceiling and walls.
ANALYSIS OF YOUR RESULTS:
- No Amplification: No mold spores were measured at levels equal to or above the threshold, and do not indicate a site of probable mold amplification and growth. Please refer to the attached report for more detailed information.
RELATIVE HUMIDITY, CO2, & TEMPERATURE READINGS:
LOCATION: Master Bathroom
- The bathroom is painted with a flat type of paint. Flat paint allows for significant amounts of humidity to condense on it, which can contribute to mold on exterior walls and is also more difficult surface to clean than a gloss surface. High quality gloss latex paint is recommended for bathrooms.
CEILING & WALLS:
- Light condensation-based mold growth noted on top 6” of bathroom walls. This occurs when the warm, moist air generated by shower usage interacts with the cool surface of the walls. Without adequate ventilation, this causes condensation and subsequent mold growth.
- Water stains visible throughout the surface of the ceiling. No elevated moisture was detected in the ceiling.
- Tongue and groove wood is present on the ceiling. This type of building material is very difficult to air seal and can result in significant air movement to the attic space above a room.
- Professional mold remediation is recommended to properly address the existing mold growth and to prevent cross contamination. During remediation, HEPA filtration, negative air pressurization and proper personal protective equipment must be utilized. Please see included pricing.