Mold Testing Reports in Bothell
Project Type > Mold Testing for a Residential Home
- Client recently purchased home and it was just brought to his attention that there was a large water leak in the hall bathroom. He is concerned with mold/moisture issues and air quality.
- This single family 2 story residential property was built in 1982 and is 2,012 ft².
CAUSE OF MOLD:
- Previous water leak
ANALYSIS OF YOUR RESULTS:
- Minor Amplification: Mold spores were detected near the threshold. This indicates a possible site of mold amplification. Further testing and/or comparison with the results of a visual inspection are necessary to determine the likelihood of indoor amplification.
The most likely contributor of the elevated mold spores is:
- Elevated humidity.
- Prior water intrusion.
- Although your indoor mold spore count is elevated, the levels are not high enough to warrant professional remediation. By following the recommendations listed in the report and implementing regular cleaning, the mold spore levels should return to normal.
RELATIVE HUMIDITY & TEMPERATURE READINGS:
LOCATION: Hall Bathroom
- This bathroom has a history of water damage. A large leak from a toilet seal occurred in this bathroom, affecting adjacent building materials and the laundry room below this room.
- All building materials appear to have been replaced during prior remediation.
- Air sample collected in this room: Sample came back with minor amplification of a common indoor mold spore.
- This mold spore is typically found in the home when there is elevated humidity or a light water intrusion.
- No mold or elevated moisture was observed I this room. Mold spores detected on air sample likely came from residual mold left over from remediation or from elevated humidity during vacancy of home.
- Grout and caulking is in good condition and shows no signs of recent water intrusion.
- Recommend running HEPA grade air scrubber in this room for 3 days to remove air borne mold spores.
- Follow recommendations in the ventilation chart to reduce humidity and condensation in the home.