Mold Inspection Reports from Camano Island
Below are recent mold inspection projects we’ve completed in the Camano Island area. These reports can help provide you with an idea of the issues we typically encounter in your region.
Project Type > Recent Flood Damage Inspection in Camano Island
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- A flood occurred in the daylight basement of this home.
- This single family residential property was built in 1995 and is 1914 ft².
CAUSE OF MOLD:
- The mold growth is due to the flooding.
ANALYSIS OF YOUR RESULTS:
- No Amplification: No mold spores were measured at levels equal to or above thethreshold, and do not indicate a site of probable mold amplification and growth.
Kitchen – Main Level:
- No Amplification: No mold spores were measured at levels equal to or above the threshold, and do not indicate a site of probable mold amplification and growth. Please refer to the attached report for more detailed information.
- Extreme Amplification: Mold spores were detected at levels many times greater than the threshold, indicating a site of high mold amplification and growth. Please refer to the attached report for more detailed information.
The most likely contributor of the elevated mold spores is:
- Elevated humidity.
- Recent water intrusion.
- Due to the elevated levels of mold spores, the operation of a commercial HEPA air scrubber is highly recommended. This will rapidly lower the indoor mold spore levels. Please see included pricing.
RELATIVE HUMIDITY & TEMPERATURE READINGS:
- Relative humidity levels are elevated. Generally, indoor RH levels should remain under 55% or under 50% in homes with poorly insulated exterior walls.
- CO2 levels are normal. While not a direct health problem, elevated CO2 levels are an indication of stale indoor air and poor ventilation. This can lead to a buildup of pollutants and humidity, which can cause mold growth.
- Home may have been inadequately heated in winter months. A minimum indoor temp of 65ºF must be maintained in the winter months to minimize excessive humidity and mold growth.
- Home suffers from insufficient ventilation. This leads to a buildup of indoor pollutants and increases the relative humidity, creating conditions conducive to mold growth and dust mites.
- Heavy mold growth observed on the bathroom wall. The moisture source for this mold growth was a prior flooding incident.
- Grout and caulking is in good condition and shows no signs of recent water intrusion.
- Professional mold remediation is necessary to properly address the existing mold growth and to prevent cross contamination. During remediation, HEPA filtration, negative air pressurization and proper personal protective equipment must be utilized. Please see included pricing.
LOCATION: Basement Living Room & Bath
- The basement is furnished with carpeting. The carpet has visible mold growth present on the surface.
- The basement is equipped with double paned vinyl framed windows with present evidence of heavy condensation and heavy mold growth.
- Heavy mold growth is present on the wall, all the carpeting, and the baseboard trim. The moisture source for this mold growth was a prior flooding incident.
- Evidence of recent groundwater intrusion.
- Due to the systemic mold growth throughout the structure, the home is unfit for occupancy at this time.
- All rooms in the basement will require the removal of all the contents and furnishings, the removable and disposal of all carpeting, and the removal and disposal of all baseboard trim and door casings. The doors and door jambs are in acceptable condition and can be left in place.
- The fresh air intake for the furnace is disconnected in the garage.
- Properly reconnect the fresh air intake.