Mold on Sublfoor in Crawl space
Project Report > Inspection due to Mold on Sub-flooring in Crawlspace
Mold on Subfloor
- Inspection of crawlspace revealed moderate mold growth throughout significant areas of subfloor and floor joists. At this time, the mold growth has not lead to significant structural damage of the underlying materials. However, the mold growth may be a health concern and is an indication of excessive moisture.
- No significant mold growth observed on inspection.
- Un-insulated – All floor joists are currently un-insulated.
Heaviest Areas of Mold Growth Found Under Stairway
- At the time of inspection increased moisture content was noted in isolated areas of the framing and subflooring. The home is currently dried in at this time and will likely continue to dry naturally. The existing mold growth appears to be a result of elevated moisture content from weather exposure during construction.
Mold Spotting Found on Attic Sheathing
- Moderate amounts visible mold growth were noted in random locations throughout the attic sheathing. These areas will remain exposed after construction and may be called out in future inspections if left untreated.
Got a question? Ask it here and we'll post the answer below