Dryer Mold Issues
Project Type > Inspection for Mold Related Dryer Issues
- Work #: 201021
- Home Built in last 2 yrs.
- Inspection was of garage only.
- Dryer vent was found to not exit the ceiling cavity of garage.
- Elevated moisture levels were found on rim joist and some subflooring.
- Visible mold growth was present on rim joist only.
- Sheetrock is two layers for fire code.
- Insulation was present in ceiling cavity and was found to be wet to the touch. Insulation was removed at the time of inspection.
- Visual inspection inside ceiling cavity did not reveal any other major damages.
- Steel gas line inside ceiling cavity was rusty and appeared good condition, however it is recommended that it be checked by a qualified technician.
- An inspection hole was cut into the lower section of sheetrock wall directly under the dryer vent. No visible mold or elevated moisture levels were noted inside wall cavity.
- Recommend removing all sheetrock along first ceiling joist bay.
- Garage door hangers may remain in place.
- Remove all insulation from open ceiling cavity.
- Recommend drying out underlying substrate prior to re-insulating and repair.
- Dryer vent must have an exit hole cut into exterior of home and an appropriate vent hood installed and sealed.