Project Type > Mold Inspection and Removal Report for a Nursery
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- There was a roof leak at the chimney that affected the wall/ceiling in the nursery. Tenant is worried about asbestos and mold growth in their Seattle home. Environix hired to inspect the areas of concern and provide a bid for remediation.
ANALYSIS OF YOUR RESULTS:
- Moderate Amplification: Mold spores were detected at levels above the threshold, indicating a site of probable mold amplification and growth. Please refer to the attached report for more detailed information.
The most likely contributor of the elevated mold spores is:
- Due to the elevated levels of mold spores, the operation of a commercial HEPA air scrubber is highly recommended. This will rapidly lower the indoor mold spore levels. Please see included pricing.
Leak noticed in ceiling of nursery closet
Water staining and plaster delamination occurring on closet ceiling
No elevated moisture detected in plaster ceiling or wall
Area outlined was affected by roof leak
Flooring and baseboards were not affected
Adjacent rooms were not affected
Air sample collected in nursery
- Evidence of water staining and deteriorating plaster was noted on the walls and ceiling. The moisture source for this damage was a roof leak at the chimney, which has been recently repaired.
- No elevated moisture was detected in the tested building materials. It is possible that wet building materials may be exposed underneath the top layer of water damaged materials.
- No visible mold was noted however the air sample did pick up amplified amounts of airborne mold spores.
- The plaster is crumbling and has suffered structural damage from the water.
- Professional mold remediation is necessary to properly address the existing mold growth and to prevent cross contamination. During remediation, HEPA filtration, negative air pressurization and proper personal protective equipment must be utilized. Please see included pricing.