Seattle Ceiling Mold Inspection Reports
Below are recent inspections of ceiling mold issues we’ve performed in Seattle.
Project Type > Water Leak Caused Mold on Ceiling
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- Water was leaking from spa above and affect the ceiling in room below.
- Several locations noted where moisture intrusion had occurred and visible water damage was noted in ceiling.
- Several patches were noted in the sheetrock of the ceiling.
- Walls and ceiling were scanned using a thermal imaging, infrared camera to determine any areas of temperature differential which would indicate moisture intrusion, missing insulation and/or other structural defects. No areas of concern were noted at time of inspection.
- Recommend removal of all water damaged sections of sheetrock found in the ceiling of the spa room.
- All work should be conducted under negative pressure to minimize cross contamination and , using HEPA air filtration to capture all airborne mold spores.
- One large area of water damage was noted in ceiling at entrance to shower room area.
- Temperature differences revealed a minor amount of residual moisture left in the ceiling at the joint of to pieces of sheetrock.
- Recommend removal of water damaged section of sheetrock.
Main Locker Room
- Client had noted that moisture intrusion was regularly noted around base of support beams in locker room.
- Some minor evidence of water damage was noted around edges of sheetrock but no elevated moisture levels were noted at time of inspection.
- Recommend monitoring condition of sheetrock after every precipitation event. Client may wish to conduct a further thermal imaging, infrared inspection during the winter months when rain is more prevalent.
Coaches Dressing Room
- Minor areas of water damage noted in ceiling.
- Shower room did not have any ventilation to remove the generated relative humidity from the room.
- Recommend installing a ventilation duct to help evacuate relative humidity from the shower room during usage.