Seattle Mold Testing - Recent Projects & Services
Below are recent mold testing projects we’ve completed in the Seattle area.
Project Type > Mold Testing After Water Intrusion
- This is a contractor repairing the damage caused by a water intrusion from the washing machine supply line.
- This condominium residence was built in 2010 and is 886 ft².
ANALYSIS OF YOUR RESULTS:
- Extreme Amplification: Mold spores were detected at levels many times greater than the threshold, indicating a site of high mold amplification and growth. Please refer to the attached report for more detailed information.
The most likely contributor of the elevated mold spores is:
- Recent water intrusion.
- Due to the extremely high level of mold spores in your home, immediate action is necessary.
- Due to the elevated levels of mold spores, the operation of a commercial HEPA air scrubber is highly recommended. This will rapidly lower the indoor mold spore levels.
RELATIVE HUMIDITY & CO2 READINGS:
LOCATION: Laundry Area
- Client reports a prior leaking water line issue resulting in water intrusion. The water intrusion was limited to under the floating floor.
- A portion of the flooring was removed to determine if mold growth was present.
- Elevated moisture was detected in the tested building materials.
- The gypcrete was the only area with elevated moisture detected.
- Prior to replacement of the flooring be sure that the moisture content is below the recommended level for the flooring that is to be installed.
Project Type > Mold Testing for Employee Health Effects
- Workers in a basement office have been suffering respiratory issues for an extended period of time. Recently a large area of the flooring was removed and many employed complained of respiratory issues.
- Multiple floor commercial building in average condition.
HVAC & FILTRATION:
- A very large commercial HVAC unit was noted in two locations. The prefilters appear to have been cleaned recently inside of most of the unit.
- Some of the floors inside the air handler units have been vacuumed recently.
- The tunnel and ducting that provides make up air is very dusty.
- The intake air grills are located in the grass strip between the building and the parking lot/flight line area.
- Particle counting is recommended to determine what chemicals may be entering the office space due to the fresh air intakes being very close to an active flight line. The inspector will contact you directly to discuss this further.
LOCATION: Security Office
On-site air measurements
|RH:32.9 %||Temp: 74°F||CO2: 796 ppm||CO: 1 ppm|
- Many occupants of this office have noted allergy and respiratory issues that clear up once they leave the office.
- Heavy dust has build-up has been noted by a few occupants.
- The air supply and return grills were noted as dusty.
- This office has glue down carpet tiles over concrete. It was last professionally cleaned a few weeks ago. Type/process of cleaning unknown, possibly a dry powder.
Analysis of Results
- No Amplification: No fungi were measured at levels equal to or above the threshold, and do not indicate a site of probable mold amplification and growth. Please refer to the attached report for more detailed information.