Marysville Indoor Environmental Inspection & Remediation Services
Marysville is one of the fastest growing cities in the Pacific Northwest. Residents of this area are able to enjoy Washington’s natural beauty, as well as a quickly growing community. However, folks that live in this region also need to keep a close eye on the air quality inside of their home.
There are many different factors that can affect your indoor air quality. For example, having lead paint or mold colonies in your home can create a harmful environment for your family. And, due to the state’s history and weather conditions, there’s a chance both of these can be present in homes across this part of the US.
At Environix, we specialize in delivering quality indoor environmental services in Marysville and throughout Snohomish County. Our team of indoor air quality experts can help you identify contamination sources and provide permanent solutions that restore your home’s environment for good.
Lead Inspections and Testing in Marysville
According to estimates from the Department of Health, there are close to 1.2 million homes that have lead paint in Washington. Our team of Marysville lead inspection professionals can help run multiple tests around your home and identify any sources of lead.
It’s worth noting that our entire team carries the Lead Risk Assessor certification. Contrary to conventional inspectors, our indoor air quality experts can do much more than just collect samples and forward the test results. Our lead inspectors in Marysville are trained to discuss the dangers that come with lead exposure and provide actionable steps on how to remove contamination sources.
Lead Paint Testing
Lead-based paints were popular until the early 1980s when the metal was banned from consumer products. That said, there are still millions of homes that may have contaminated paint layers. Lead paint testing in Marysville can help ensure that your family will not be exposed to this dangerous metal.
There are three main types of lead paint testing methods used today. These are:
- Swab-Style Kits: DIY swab-style kit are commonly found in hardware stores. Unfortunately, DIY kits have been proven to be inaccurate, to the point that the EPA has changed their recommendation for them. Retailers continue to stock these items, but we suggest you steer clear from them at all costs.
- Paint Chip Sampling: This method used to be the golden standard for lead testing, but it does have some drawbacks. As the name indicates, paint chip sampling consists of collecting pieces of paint and running tests on them. This method is accurate and suitable for small areas. However, because it requires sanding and exposing the potential source, it’s not suitable for bigger spaces.
- XRF Testing: XRF is an acronym for X-ray fluorescence. This method exposes surfaces to intensified x-rays in order to deduce their lead contents. XRF testing is becoming the new standard because it’s cost effective and provides accurate, instantaneous results.
Lead Soil Testing
Aside from paint, homeowners should also test the soil around their house for elevated lead levels. Soil absorbs lead, which has become a major problem due to the rising popularity of functional gardens.
Keep in mind that there are many reasons the soil around your house may have abnormal lead levels. These include:
- Lead paint residue
- Industrial facilities and other contamination sources
- Leaded gasoline
Even though your house may not have contaminated paint, it may still contain dangerous lead levels. Fortunately, there are two different soil lead testing methods in Marysville that you can make use of.
On-site tests can be carried on the spot and provide real-time results. Off-site testing may take longer, but it can provide a more wholesome representation of the area.
Marysville Mold Inspection
There is nothing more frustrating than having a recurring mold problem. But, unlike most mold inspection companies in Marysville, we guarantee that our inspectors will find the source of the problem once and for all.
Traditional inspections consist of sample collection and lab tests that are then sent to you, the customer. We believe that this approach is not enough to properly identify a mold problem. Yes, running tests can help identify the type of mold, but it doesn’t tell you what you need to do.
This is the reason why our Marysville mold inspection team combines laboratory tests with a thorough home inspection. Moisture is usually the main culprit of a mold problem. Our Marysville mold inspectors will identify the reason and implement a permanent solution to prevent the humidity problem from returning.
Mold Remediation and Removal in Marysville
Having elevated mold levels in your home will diminish your indoor air quality. Hiring a mold removal service in Marysville can help remove the unwanted growth and restore the air quality in your home.
Keep in mind that mold is natural. It grows on a variety of surfaces and its spores can be found everywhere except for sterilized environments. This means that efficient mold removal is not about taking out all the spores but eliminating the source of the problem.
Our Mold Remediation Process
At Environix, we have developed a unique approach that helps us remove house mold in Marysville and surrounding areas.
First off, we contain the part of your home that’s affected by the mold in order to limit the area we have to service. Our team will then remove all the damaged materials that can’t be salvaged. After the removal, we clean the area and salvage whatever items can be restored. Finally, our team runs a series of tests that can vary depending on the room or space that’s being cleaned out.
MARYSVILLE INSPECTION REPORT:
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- Client requested an inspection of the basement apartment due to visible mold growth recently found on walls and windows.
- This single family residential property was built in 2001 and is 2,260 ft².
CAUSE OF MOLD:
- Poor indoor ventilation leading to elevated relative humidity levels. This in turn led to mold growth on windows and exterior walls.
"Thanks! You have been fantastic to work with!!!"
– Mary B.