Mold Inspection Reports from Issaquah
Below are recent mold inspection projects we’ve completed in the Issaquah area. These reports can help provide you with an idea of the issues we typically encounter in your region.
Project Type > Full Home Mold Inspection in Issaquah
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- Client has had some concerns over air quality inside his basement due to some recent health symptoms and some areas where mold was found.
- This single family 2 story residential property was built in 1961 and is 3,340 ft².
CAUSE OF MOLD:
- Poor interior ventilation has led to high relative humidity levels inside the basement.
ANALYSIS OF YOUR RESULTS:
- No Amplification: No mold spores were measured at levels equal to or above the threshold, and do not indicate a site of probable mold amplification and growth. Please refer to the attached report for more detailed information.
RELATIVE HUMIDITY & TEMPERATURE READINGS:
LOCATION: Basement Bathroom
- A bathroom exhaust fan was present, but the inspector was unable to locate the switch for testing during the inspection.
- Evidence of a major failure of grout or caulking in shower. The grout has failed at the soap shelf and at the bottom corner. This can lead to water infiltration and mold growth/wood rot in the wallboard and framing behind the shower surround. However, because the potential mold growth would occur within the wall cavity, the issue has no effect on the indoor air quality.
- See ventilation section above for recommendations to eliminate condensation.
- Re-grout the shower surround.
LOCATION: Laundry Room
- No fan is present in the laundry area. This is insufficient to exhaust the normal amounts of humidity generated by washing and drying clothing.
- The sink faucet was dripping at time of inspection.
- Repair the dripping faucet.
- The hallway is furnished with carpeting in average condition.
- Light condensation-based mold growth noted on the stair closet door and on the stair spindles.
LOCATION: Master Bedroom
- The bedroom is furnished with carpeting in average condition.
- The bedroom is equipped with double paned wood framed windows with no evidence of condensation or mold problems.
- The HVAC intake is located directly behind the bed. This draws dust and other particulates towards the bed and its occupant.
- Consider re-arranging the bedroom furnishings so the bed is not directly in front of the HVAC intake.