Mold Inspection Reports from Lakewood
Below are recent mold inspection projects we’ve completed in the Lakewood area. These reports can help provide you with an idea of the issues we typically encounter in your region.
Project Type > Mold Testing Inspection for a Commercial Property
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- Client has noticed black spotting behind a refrigerator and has hired Environix to inspect and find the cause for water damage or mold growth.
- This is a commercial office space.
CAUSE OF MOLD:
- Water intrusion from the lack of flashing on an AC unit.
ANALYSIS OF YOUR RESULTS:
- No Amplification: No mold spores were measured at levels equal to or above the threshold, and do not indicate a site of probable mold amplification and growth. Please refer to the attached report for more detailed information.
RELATIVE HUMIDITY & TEMPERATURE READINGS:
- Relative humidity levels are slightly elevated. Generally, indoor RH levels should remain under 55% or under 50% in buildings with poorly insulated exterior walls.
- No ventilation system is present in the office space. The occupants leave the doors open at all times, as the building is used for the office of car lot sales. During the hot summer months, three portable air conditioners are used to control the climate.
LOCATION: Scan Office
- Visible mold growth observed on the wall. The mold is on the drywall at the corner by the air conditioner, and extends down to the floor. The source of this mold growth was a failure of the exterior siding at the air conditioner unit, and the air conditioner condensation possibly contributed. The leak has been ongoing for an extended period of time.
- No flashing is present around the wall mounted AC unit. Evidence of water damage is present in the siding.
- The roof was replaced 3 years ago. Damage is present on the ceiling from old water leaks.
- When the AC unit is removed from its space, repair the damage to the siding in this area.
- Professional mold remediation is necessary to properly address the existing mold growth and to prevent cross contamination. During remediation, HEPA filtration, negative air pressurization and proper personal protective equipment must be utilized. Please see included pricing.