Mold Inspection Reports from Port Angeles
Below are recent mold inspection projects we’ve completed in the Port Angeles area. These reports can help provide you with an idea of the issues we typically encounter in your region.
Project Type > Inspection to Determine if Mold is Causing Odors in a Home
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- Client is concerned about odors which are present in the home. The odors primarily affect the lower unit.
- This residential duplex property was built in 1980 and is 816 ft² on each side of the duplex.
OBSERVATIONS APPLICABLE TO ENTIRE INSPECTION AREA:
- A musty odor was noted at time of inspection. The source of the odor is likely from washer discharge lines and their corresponding “P” traps.
- The homes are equipped with metal framed double paned windows with current evidence of light condensation and light mold problems.
- Both units have been vacant for a significant period of time.
- Upper unit has older carpeting with excess wear and in very dirty condition.
- Recommend filling washer drain lines with RV antifreeze or a small amount of vegetable oil to prevent evaporation and dryout of the “P” trap, which results in a musty odor.
- Consider replacing the carpet in the upper unit due to excessive wear and buildup of dirt and debris.
LOCATION: Upper Unit Bathroom
- Moderate mold growth noted on bathroom ceiling. This occurs when the warm, moist air generated by shower usage interacts with the cool surface of the ceiling. Without adequate ventilation, this causes condensation and subsequent mold growth.