Mold Removal & Remediation for the Lynnwood Area
Project Type > Mold Removal Report for a Home with Water Damage
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- Client found water damaged sheetrock in the basement and was concerned about mold growth inside the walls.
- This single family 2 story residential property was built in 1990 and is 3665 ft².
CAUSE OF MOLD:
- Water damage was from an improperly flashed exterior deck.
Section of Wall To Be Removed
Water Damaged Sheetrock On Exterior Wall Only
Mold Growth Noted on Back Side of Sheetrock
Minimal Damage and Moisture Noted in Ceiling
- Elevated moisture detected above sliding glass door. Evidence of peeling drywall tape was noted in this area as well.
- A 2” x 2” hole was cut into the wall during the inspection. Visible mold observed on back side of wall.
- The source of the moisture appears to be leaking flashing along the exterior deck.
- A restoration contractor has been contacted to address the leaking flashing and remove damaged siding and sheathing from the exterior of the home.
- Professional mold remediation is necessary to properly address the existing mold growth and to prevent cross contamination. During remediation, HEPA filtration, negative air pressurization and proper personal protective equipment must be utilized. Please see attached pricing.
- Set up a containment area.
- Cover the carpet to protect from demolition debris and mold spores.
- Remove trim in the affected area.
- Remove gypsum wall board in the affected area.
- Remove wet insulation in the affected area.
- HEPA vacuum the wall cavity and interior of containment area.
- Operated one dehumidifier and one air mover inside the containment area for 3 days to dry the affected building materials.