Case Studies - Inspection & Remediation Projects in Kirkland
Our goal is to provide educational resources for our clients by publishing indoor environmental data for each of the cities we serve. Below you’ll find links to recent mold, lead, asbestos and indoor air quality projects we’ve completed in the Kirkland area.
KIRKLAND INSPECTION REPORT:
REASON FOR INSPECTION:
- Client rents this home and has been concerned about the indoor air quality due to some recent issues with the roof and the crawlspace. Inspection was of the whole home and includes a single indoor air quality sample.
SUMMARY OF CONCERNS:
- Attic space showed evidence of mold growth due to inadequate ventilation and improperly routed dryer and fan ducting.
- Crawlspace regularly floods due to a groundwater problem.
- Contents in crawlspace are moldy and water damaged due to repeated water intrusion.
- Plumbing leak noted in crawlspace whenever the washing machine is run. Water is also noted on the exterior siding in the affected area.
- Light mold around window frames indicates inadequate interior ventilation due to ineffective bathroom fans.
Click on the links below to learn more about inspection and remediation in Kirkland.