Patio & covered porch below
LOCATION: Lower Basement
- Active leak noted from a plumbing supply line near bottom of the stairway.
- Good HVAC system and air filtration.
- Sump pump present in the basement and appears to be functioning well.
- RH:43 % Temp: 70°F CO2: 502 ppm CO: 0 ppm
Evidence of Failing Tile on Deck Above
- Recommend having a plumber inspect and make repairs on leaking supply line.
- Recently deceased rat found in trap in back crawlspace. Very strong odor present upon opening crawlspace hatch.
- Crawlspace under stairs reveals eroding soil from under the foundation. This is not likely a problem at this time, but should be monitored to ensure further erosion does not occur.
- Small Crawlspace at end of stairway shows some minor water intrusion from the foundation / footing cold joint. This does not appear to be a current problem.
- Recommend having a pest inspector remove any dead rodents and re-set traps.
- Recommend monitoring crawlspace for further moisture intrusion and/or soil erosion.
- Significant amount of rodent feces, traps and carcasses present in attic.
- Ventilation fan from hall bathroom was not connected to roof vent.
- HVAC ducts were not sealed or insulated.
- Large open chases were present where relative humidity to enter into the attic space.
- Insulation was not sufficient to meet current code.
- Unsecured electrical connections were present in attic space.
- Recommend installing new vent ducting from bathroom fan to roof and ensure it is connected securely.
- Recommend removal and replacement of all insulation in attic space due to rodent contamination.
- Recommend installing duct sealant on HVAC ducting to minimize air leakage into attic space.
- Tiled exterior porch off upstairs living room has failed and is letting significant moisture into the structure.
- Severe staining and beginnings of rot were noted on underside of porch.It is not known how structurally sound the porch is at this time.
- Gutters along back of home appear to require some maintenance.
- Recommend having a contractor evaluate and make repairs to tiled porch on backside of home.
LOCATION: Master Bathroom / Bedroom
- Deteriorated grout noted in master shower.
- Failed sealant noted in corners of shower surround and pan.
- Lower faucet has missing grout around the edges which may allow moisture to enter the wall cavity.
- Good ventilation fan present in bathroom.
- RH:45 % Temp: 69°F CO2: 541 ppm CO: 0 ppm
- Recommend having grout in shower replaced.
- Recommend running ventilation fan a minimum of one hour after bathing.
LOCATION: Upstairs TV Room
- Peeling paint noted on upper corner of ceiling.
- Increased moisture content noted in surrounding building materials.
- Water damaged area appears to be a result of moisture intrusion due to a leaking gutter and no overhang. Wind may drive water leaking from gutter up into attic space and be affecting the ceiling.
- RH:45 % Temp: 69°F CO2: 880 ppm CO: 0 ppm
- Recommend having gutters repaired.
- Remove all peeling paint from ceiling, sand and repaint to match.
LOCATION: Basement TV Room
- Carpets in room are old and should be replaced.
- RH:42 % Temp: 70°F CO2: 494 ppm CO: 0 ppm
- Recommend removal of carpets from TV room and replace with a solid surface flooring such as hardwood, laminate or tile.
- Client may wish to install an electric, in-floor heating system to allow for greater comfort.
- Client may also wish to run a dedicated HEPA based filter in the room to help remove any additional particulate from the air.
- Leak noted under kitchen sink drain. No elevated moisture levels were noted at this time but repairs should be made prior to regular use of the sink again.
- RH:42 % Temp: 70°F CO2: 499 ppm CO: 0 ppm
- Have a qualified plumber make repairs to sink drain.